The Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist School is an integrated co-educational day school with a comprehensive programme comprising both primary and intermediate education, from Year 1 to 8.
Emphasis is placed on the development of a Christian character and a life of service in the community. The school is run by a Board of Trustees consisting of: members elected by the parents, Seventh-day Adventist Church proprietor representatives, the Principal, and a staff representative.
Seventh-day Adventist Christian education began in the Waikato in the early 1900s. The first primary school began around 1918. It was associated with various church buildings until it out grew its site in Palmerston Street in the sixties.
The school was established on its present site in 1971. It is situated on 2.5 hectares of ground providing adequate space for the classrooms and recreational facilities.
The School provides for three class groups with additional spaces for Computer Studies, Library and Learning Support rooms.
Classes for 2014
Room 4: Years 0-2
Room 3: Years 3-5
Room 1: Years 6-8
Class sizes range from 15 to 24 and provide for individualized learning and close personal support by staff and teacher aides.